Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth are the largest cities in Australia and these expansive megalopolises get the lion’s share of the attention with regard to the best-rated Australian vacation destinations.
As a result, the captivating city of Adelaide tends to fall by the wayside when both international and domestic holidaymakers begin planning their Australian excursions, but you shouldn’t turn a blind eye to this storied, surprisingly sundry municipality, as you begin generating a travel programme for your group.
Beguiling Parcels of Information about Adelaide and its History
Found on the eastern shores of the St. Vincent Gulf, Adelaide is quickly rising up the charts of the most liveable cities in Australia, and you might like to know that the aggregate number of visitor nights per year has recently surpassed 4.5 million. Shown below are the allures, appeals, and local facts that make Adelaide such a desirable vacation option:
- Travel specialists have recently dubbed Adelaide as The Twenty-Minute City because you can venture to every nook and cranny of the metropolis in less than a half-hour, especially if you reserve a private automobile during your stay.
- On the other hand, Adelaide is colloquially referred to as The City of Churches because it seems as though there is a well-preserved cathedral on every single street corner.
- Due to its unique, Mediterranean-style microclimate, Adelaide presents the ideal conditions for wine production. As such, it should come as no surprise to find out that one of the leading temptations in the area is the sprawling range of year-round wine-tasting tours on offer.
- Adelaide is able to lay claim to the oldest remaining German settlement in Australia. The township of Hahndorf is situated in the opulent Adelaide Hills and the vast majority of its historic buildings, some of which are almost 200 years old, continue to stand to this day.
- Contrary to folklore and word-of-mouth myth, Adelaide was not originally settled by felons or criminals. The earliest colonists were freedom-loving itinerants, and they established roots in this coastal area during the early 1800s.
If you’re ready to head over to this eclectic seaside city and engage in a refreshing, multi-layered holiday escape, the most convenient way to kick off your efforts is to coordinate an economical car rental in Adelaide.
With a Cost-Effective Private Vehicle at Your Fingertips, Adelaide is Yours to Conquer
Whether you wish to blaze new trails with a supplemented campervan or zip around Adelaide’s shops and attractions with a fuel-efficient sedan, your first course of action upon landing in Adelaide should be to acquire your rental keys from a well-regarded local provider.
A seven-day vehicle hire can be up to twice as cost-effective as relying on public transport solutions, and you’ll be your own boss during your stay, so get in touch with a car rental syndicate before venturing out for your first wine tour, river cruise, or alternative journey.