Search for Safari destinations online and it will generate thousands of results pertaining to one continent perfect for such: Africa. Just in 2012, more than 30 million tourists flew all the way to Africa to witness and experience the region’s natural beauty. Each year, statistics show that over10 million people gather across the continent to immerse in its people and culture. The region’s booming tourism industry doesn’t just prove its worthiness as the no. 1 Safari destination. It also made 13.1 million people employed by 2012. Read on and find out more about Africa and why this should be your next travel destination.
- Africa is a natural paradise.
Getting tired of the busy life in the city? Going on an African Safari trip gives you a chance to release your stress as you take in its pure and natural beauty. Witness the grandeur of Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro in East Africa. Engage with the mountain gorillas in Central Africa. Experience the immense wildlife in Southern Africa.
- It is a perfect opportunity for photographers.
With its natural beauty, an African Safari trip instantly puts a smile on the face of any photographer, both professionals and hobbyists. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to capture the beauty of life in its pure form.
- It is a chance to witness creatures in their natural habitat.
Walk among the elephants in Chobe National Park. Witness up close and personal the threatened mountain gorillas in Uganda— home to a diverse gorilla population. Experience the Serengeti wildebeest migration as vast numbers of wildebeest and other animals move across Tanzania and Kenya.
- It allows the exploration of a shared human history. Ethiopia is not just an excellent place for stunning sceneries and watching birds fly above your head. It is also a perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture and history of the African people. You’ll enjoy the natural life and gain knowledge about the people.
- In African Safari trips, you get your money’s worth and so much more. A part of the affordable budget you will spend will be sent to organizations and initiatives whose main objective is to contribute in the region’s nature conservation and wildlife rehabilitation. This is on top of the many once-in-a lifetime activities and moments you’ll experience on this next trip. For instance, Asilia supports conservation of certain areas. Find out moreabout this on their website.
Ready to pack your bags?
The above list only shows a few of the many reasons why Africa still remains as the no. 1 tourist destination for Safari explorations. While these are only 5, don’t let the numbers deceive you because the above reasons will be more than enough to convince you to experience the African Safari. Just a few reminders before you book a trip with your loved ones though. Do not pack dark-colored and bright-colored apparels. Complement your adventurous enthusiasm with light layered clothing in colors of green, khaki, and beige.